Saturday 7 April 2012

Life class #6

I like this curled up pose, however so little could be seen of the upper foot that it was difficult to capture, and the result looks more like a small foot as I made the span of the toes too narrow.
Although far from perfect, I think this is successful if only that I didn't make the face look Neanderthal in proportion (unlike other efforts with faces)
I can't decide if the hips are too wide or the shoulders too narrow on this one- my focus was on getting the curve and twist of the spine. The crown of the head should have curved a little higher too.
I'm quite pleased with this one although the foot perched on the stool got away from me, and the lower leg is a little short.
This short pose caught me out as I got carried away with the bunched leg muscles and failed to complete an overall study.
This was a challenging pose with the foreshortening leaning towards me. The legs are okay but the proportions of the upper arms and torso are out and that Cave-woman thing happened with the face thrust forwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment