Friday 6 April 2012

Life class #5

A quick pose (2 minutes from memory). The relative positions of the shoulders are a little off, and the foreground hand possibly a tad too small.
A fairly successful attempt although I had to take two attempts at the line of the body so the shoulder should be further out also.
I like the solidity of this study. The most difficult part was the foreshortening of the model's lower legs where they were tucked in towards her.
A rather more successful standing pose than most.
I caught the twist of the body but the far shoulder now appears a little higher than it should be
The hands are better not commented on but the overall proportions are correct
Another quick pose which lacks mass on the near leg.
I made the error of compressing the head to fit on the page, thus it is too small. Consequently I did not have time to include any background or what the model is leaning against.
A prone pose in charcoal. I particularly like the shadow falling across the lower leg where the other  lifts over it.
A less than successful attempt at a sitting pose with that ridiculously small chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment