Thursday 5 April 2012

Life class #4

One of my more successful efforts. I like the simplicity of the line and I got the proportions mostly right. I would have liked to include the line of the buttocks but had my board the wrong way round in order to see over it!

An attempt at a more tonal approach. Again, I'm relatively pleased with this.
I attempted to model the form with the side of a piece of charcoal. The paper I used was very thin so there are marks showing through from the drawing board surface.
The visible arm is too short, lacks mass, and appears to be resting in mid-air. the head is on the small side too.
The tilt of the face is a little off but overall I think I caught the pose.
I seem to have the most problem with standing poses, although as I usually work from a sitting position I should probably stand at an easel and attempt these.
Prone poses are what I enjoy most. It is rather more like looking at the shape of a landscape and I find them easier to arrange on the page. The arm lacks mass, however, and the lack of definition on the feet still gives the impression they are too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment