Sunday 8 April 2012

About 3 women...

As an extension to the Spiral Dance theme, I have been working with three sets of data which reflect myself and two close friends, with whom I share deep and personal experiences, as women do. I used our radix (birth) charts as a basis for the drawing and worked each one in 3 different permutations. So far, although I know there are three more arrangements which would potentially work, I have come back to the first to creat a collage from. The symmetry and balance of the selected data are probaby the best match to get a visual result from. The other are either too cluttered or too restrained. My initial analysis of the (undrawn) 3 leaves little room for doubt that the first version was instinctively the best...





I have taken the four triangular unions I used- in this case particularly feminine symbols- the Moon, Venus, the asteroid Ceres (the harvest Queen) and the point Lilith (the dark Moon). I realised that I did not need the aspect nets in the exploration of the first combination. I used light blue to represent the Moon, red for Venus, orange for Ceres, and purple for Lilith. I stuck the various layers on in the order of closeness to Earth. The Moon is a little more bright blue than I would have preferred (my available papers were limited) but I think it works given the stark white background. The resultant collage is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment