Tuesday 19 July 2011

Life/Still Life

OK. This is where it gets sad. Telfer is one of the family- even my husband talks to him- and he has a loyal following on FB (being an ordained priest of Dudeism and requiring much meditational time on duvet...) Anyway he's a stuffed dog (yes, mine-) and as he'd volunteered to be a life model I took him up on it.You'll probably see from the pics that he's well loved and has well-worn creases- he also poses beautifully (without breaks), and I needed to get over the ever-increasing stress build-up of drawing in the life module. Or still life in this case especially if there's a duvet handy!

On the plus side, I was pleasantly surprised at how far my observational skills have come on- these are all 5 min (if that) line sketches and reasonably accurately describe the pose and shape- so I actually feel a lot more confident about going into a life class or workshop and getting a positive experience from it.

Comments welcome provided not spam- he's getting an increasing amount of unsolicited stuff via FB and quite frankly it's getting a bit OTT!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment