Saturday 23 July 2011

Beachcombing finds

Well I'm back from the beach, and picked up a handful of things all with different textures, so sat down with my sketchbook this evening to draw them. I used a drawing pen only- no cheating this time with pencil guidelines!- and drew all the items at about one-and-a-quarter life size.


The piece of partly burnt rib was the most intricate as there are some incredibly detailed ridge and hollow formations, and I opted to try to suggest these rather than attempt to put every last detail in. The centre shell fragment was difficult too, as the striations were mostly bands of colour rather than surface texture.

Time to call it a night now, as I'm planning to wade through balloons at Tate St Ives tomorrow, as well as taking notes on the art...

No comments:

Post a Comment