Saturday 2 July 2011

Glass bottles

I did this sketch over two mornings while getting my head together waking up. I have a collection of glass bottles on our bedroom windowsill which due to their mouldings have quite challenging shapes- the spiral in particular. This was done with a self-propelling pencil (claiims to be HB but has a pleasing dark tone while retaining fine lines) in my cartridge paper sketchbook. The amaryllis and its pot are not quite the correct proportions, and I will be drawing these bottles and the plant again until I achieve greater accuracy and tonal quality. I love the challenge that glass gives as it is both transparent and reflective, it is more challenging in colour (all the bottles are different colours) so I will probably have a go at it with full-spectrum media soon.

1 comment:

  1. I like your composition. The shape of the bottles is unusual and works well. Your drawing has a summer's day, airy feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete