Wednesday 26 October 2011

A Welsh Sketchbook - Day Six

Day Six- St Davids and Porth Clais

While it had been lovely to catch up with friends, we were now headed for Pembrokeshire, and decided to visit the cathedral as a funeral had prevented us from doing so last visit. I sat at the top of the grounds to try to draw the building, proving in the process that I really need to get to grips with perspective again.


 Thankfully my husband was kept busy by a gentleman doing a tourist survey while I struggled.

The later part of the day we spent at Porth Clais- immortalised in Graham Sutherland's "Road to Porth Clais", which we had stumbled on by chance last year while walking the coast path, memorable for a sighting of a pair of red kites.

After some gentle walking and home-made cake at the tea-hut, I spent some time drawing boats until the sun had gone over the hill.

Having unpacked at YHA St Davids I went outside to draw the old granary outbuilding which serves as an extra kitchen in peak season.

No comments:

Post a Comment