Wednesday 26 October 2011

A Welsh Sketchbook - Day Five

Day Five- Carmarthen and Cwm Duad

After a very hot day exploring Carmarthen, finding an interesting design exhibition, a Roman amphitheatre now adjoining a council estate, and a good art shop, we returned to Forest Edge to chill out. I went to chase the horses again and found them either sulking in their boxes or sleeping in the heat.

The chickens came to peck around the grass as the heat lessened, soon followed by the dogs, both very restless at the anticipation of dinner.


 I drew the valley view while waiting for the BBQ which our hosts were providing- it was a good opportunity to deal with trees- my personal landscape bete-noire. As the opposite hill has been recently logged it opened up a range of different shapes and textures to record.

Lastly I tried to catch Jack, the other boxer, who stayed still for ages until I put pen to paper...

...so I gave up and made notes on the design exhibition we'd found that afternoon in Carmarthen.

No comments:

Post a Comment