Sunday 26 June 2011

New blog, new subject

I have just started working towards a formal degree qualification in Creative Arts and as part of my coursework I am required to keep an online journal of my progress and reflections thereon. Having considered my existing- and somewhat embryonic- blog, I decided that I needed a dedicated site for the coursework and will continue to use the other to discuss my painting practice and projects in conjunction with my gallery site at http://www.awmcguire.webs.com/

Not being particularly savvy in the modern communicative forms of choice, I was somewhat relieved to find that the march of progress has made blog sites much more intuitive and user-friendly, so this will form the basis of my learning log in respect of the course module "Drawing 1- Starting to Draw".

I am actually rather excited at the start of this new adventure, I have already made discoveries while waiting for my course materials to arrive, in that I searched the studio for any and every type of linear media (pens, pencils, biros etc. to the layperson) I possessed and have begun to play with each in turn to review its particular qualities. I shall probably end up with enough pages to have to re-remember the basics of bookbinding! At present each page has one medium with annotations and keywords, so they resemble "mood boards" and I am making bullet point notes as I rediscover each of them.

Currently I have discovered about twenty different media- some still in their original packaging(!) and I will upload and share these as I work through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment